Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday, December 17th

Dear Friday,

Please CHOP CHOP and arrive already.

We finished our finals today and I am BEYOND disappointed in myself. My croissant dough was over worked so they were hard and totally unattractive. My Patavier and Palmier's came out well, though. So there is that....

I was visibly upset with myself when I went up to Chef to present my final and she asked what was wrong. I told her that I hated not doing well and she said something to the effect of "this is school! You did well the first time you made them! Stuff like this is supposed to happen so that you can learn from your mistakes and never do it again. Not only that but I would rather have you make mistakes here in school versus out in the real world!" Sigh. She made me feel SO much better. So I trashed everything but my Palmier's (the little cookies you can see in the upper left hand corner) and gave a few to Jessie who I met for a late drink tonight at BLD and the rest to the wait staff at the restaurant! They were totally thankful which made me feel great. Mitzvah = smiles.

You know what else ='s smiles? 100% on a product ID test!!!! HOLLA!!!!



Chef let us out of class early today so we (me, Pharyn, Jessi, Vicki and Monica) went to Frank's Famous Deli in Glendale which is owned by the Chef we had in our last module, Roger Frey. We got a bite to eat and he arrived and joined us for some catching up, gossip, and goo-gooing noises towards his new grandson, Noah.



Should you ever find yourself at Frank's - get the create your own sandwich on Dutch Crusted bread or the grilled cheese with a side of french fries and the homemade ranch dressing.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on the 100 on the product portion! You go girl! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 XO BLD
    #2 I LOVE THOSE LITTLE COOKIES IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER. I CALL THEM ELEPHANT EARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i probably would have loved the hard crossants. even tho i don't know how to spell them. i told you the exact same thing that the chef did. we are both right.

    ilysm

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I like your teacher a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete