Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday, December 16th

Two things:

1. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have been working on our final for what feels like an eternity but by 3:00 tomorrow, we have to be done. Awesome Chef Gomez let us bake off one of our doughs today, so I did my Danish. They are filled with chocolate pastry cream, apricot jam, regular pastry cream, apple filling, and a traditional lemon cream cheese filling and finished with a flat glaze. We had to present eight. Four shapes. Two of each. \



Tomorrow we bake off our croissants, pain au chocolat, Pativier and Palmiers. SIGH.
2. Happy early birthday shout-out to my favorite (and only, ahem) sister!! I love you, BLS! Geracie's night to celebrate when I'm home!!!!
P.S. How cute is this shot? It was taken by the bar tender on the deck of our cruise ship last year around Italy! Viva Gelatto!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that I'm still your favorite sister! Can't wait for our Geraci's night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viva gelatto back at ya! It's one of my favorite things in life, and having it in Italy is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete