Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday, December 3rd

Today was a day of firsts.

For the first time, we made something savory in class.

For the first time, I touched a raw shrimp.

For the first time, I yanked the legs and body off of a raw shrimp.

For the first time, I de-veined and cooked shrimp.

For the first time, I ate shrimp that I cooked.

Below: Shrimp Newberg.

I took a little bite out of one of the shrimp and decided to give this dish a pass. Not that it wasn't tasty, but I have shrimp issues (Chef said that my sauce looked great). We baked the puff pastry and made the sauce from scratch, etc.



So as I do with most things that I don't want to keep, I give it to Kimberly.

She, in turn, decided that while the bread was good, she really just wanted the shrimp.

Below is a picture of both my discarded and her discarded baked puff pastry... Shrimp removed.



And here is Kimberly enjoying the spoils...



HI-larious.

Then we made Brie en Croute. Those of you that know me well know that I love Brie as much as a 9 course meal at an Indian restaurant. Regardless, this turned out well and was tasty. We could make whatever designs we wanted on top so I decided to do some lattice work. Vicki decided to make hers look like a gift, Pharyn crafted a crown out of puff pastry for the top of hers and Monica adorned hers with a robot.



Tomorrow, oh, tomorrow: Cinnamon buns. Sticky buns. Danish dough (to be frozen over the weekend) and another day of PIZZA!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! YOU ATE A SHRIMP!!!!!!???????? Somewhere Jen Katz is gagging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the brie!!! That looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete