Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Hump Day!

Today I trekked over to El Segundo to visit Lexus Extraordinaires Trina Banerji and Alex Candia.

I decided to make this week's baking A.A.B.

All About Bars.

(shout out to my fellow mid-west homies who not only appreciate, but understand the importance and relevance of a bar).

Here are Maple Pecan Blondies.



I set out to make Pumpkin bars but alas, the City of Los Angeles seems to be out of pureed pumpkin so I decided to sub in sweet potato puree and I have to say, I personally loved it (and this coming from someone who avoids the yams like crazy). They were topped with a cream cheese frosting and toasted pecans.



Lastly, I made Raspberry Bars... Tart yet sweet...



The best part of this baking experience? My Philly cheese steak Sandwich at RED with Alex and Trina. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment