Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Magic Bars and Beefy Burritos

Today I delivered treats to one of the greatest men I have ever met: Dalip Sethi and his co-workers at Rain Management Group.

Per his request, I made Dalip "Magic Bars." Graham cracker crust, flaked coconut, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, toasted pecans and sweetened condensed milk.

Dalip said, and I quote: "Need to package and sell."

Just sayin'.



I also tried a new recipe for Shortbread Crusted White Chocolate Toasted Pecan bars.



For lunch, Dalip took me out to the three Michelin star restaurant Tacos Por Favor, where they offer daily "speacials"...



And where the "storage room" is in the dining room where a fake tree and an out-of-order ATM machine add to the ambiance.



... And where your "side" orders of guacamole could feed a small country:



Dalip could NOT stop raving about how amazing their carne asada burritos are so on his advice, I ordered one...



It was DELICIOUS.

That is, until he told me,
on our walk back to my car,
after devouring this noteworthy burrito filled to the brim with meat and cheese,
that the famed carne asada burritos have a tendency to give one "the squirts."

Thank you Dalip, and thank you, Tacos Por Favor, for helping me loose those last five pounds.

http://www.plancheckbar.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Dear Maryn- So glad you are blogging again. Love your commentary, photos-and food. And glad to hear you are out there doin'what you love and flaunting your talents! Good Luck-and Love, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete