Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Plan Check Kitchen + Bar

On Saturday night, I went to dinner at Plan Check Kitchen + Bar, a newish restaurant on Sawtelle... I felt it noteworthy enough to tell you about.

While their meat and cheese plates leave a little to be desired, their drinks are amazing. As you can see from the picture, my standard Kettle is on the right. In the middle is the High and Low (zaya rum, fino sherry, cointreau, grenadine) and on the far left is Sadie's very bold choice of the Tropic Thunder (jalapeno infused kanon vodka, mango, lemon juice, sugar).



Here is the Chef's Favorite Burger (cheese two ways, bacon two ways, ketchup leather, fried egg, hot sauce) which is, if you ask me, the only reason to drive to the West Side and wait, outside, for a table. Lets be honest: I would eat road kill as long as it had a fried egg on top of it.



I decided, however, to order the Southern Fry (smokey fried jidori chicken, spicy green pimento cheese, duck breast ham, pickles).

That's not a typo.

Duck breast ham.

Need I say more?

You're right...

Spicy green pimento cheese.



http://www.plancheckbar.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment