Sunday, February 21, 2010

Friday, February 19th

On Friday we finished our Princess Cakes... Three layer pound cake with butter cream frosting that I flavored with strawberry puree (with a layer of fresh raspberries) and covered in marzipan...



I had some extra left over so I made a mini princess cake that I split with the girls...



And since I was meeting Stephen for dinner (and he lives oh-so-far away in Santa Monica and never gets to try any of my sweets), I brought him the Princess Cake which Street (the restaurant where we dined) took to mean we were celebrating his birthday... I haven't seen this kind of smile since I last pretended it was my birthday at the local T.G.I. Friday's in Cleveland...




And here the "Birthday Boy" tries a piece of his cake...




Stephen was generous enough to let the restaurant keep the rest of the cake to enjoy, which they were very thankful for. :-)

3 comments:

  1. sweet. that is the prettest cake i've ever seen. and susan is ordering a cake from white flower that is probably going to cost a ton on money and won't look one wit better than yours.

    ilysm

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she means to say is it won't look as good as yours! This cake looks amazing - where's the Barbie?

    ReplyDelete