Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday, February 10th

Holler!

So... Here is my second attempt at the Alhambra cake...



And here is a close up of the flowers... Chef liked them but said that I need to create a bigger difference in size...




So yesterday we had the choice to make either an orange chiffon cake or angel food cake and I chose the latter... It isn't much to really see, as you know, but I thought that I would take it to my pharmacist at Rite Aid because I see them oh so frequently (and she mentioned that she debated between becoming a pharmacist or a chef), but as I pulled my cake carrier out of the car, the bottom of it fell off and the cake landed with a little "pooft" on the wet garage ground...

Needless to say, I picked up my drugs with sticky hands and instead of giving the fine ladies at Rite Aid a cake, they got a very sincere smile...

Today we made the Feuille d'Autunm... Its four layers of meringue layered with chocolate butter cream and finished with a chocolate collar and chocolate curls and fans... It was our first time really working with chocolate and it was interesting, a tad more challenging than we thought, and very messy... But it yields a rather impressive result...




That is, if I do say so myself...

2 comments:

  1. those look amazing. come home and make some cakes here. do you have a lot of different implements at school than i do at home?

    ilysm

    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1. Tell the chef that size doesn't matter.

    #2. That chocolate thing looks freakin cool. I'd eat it, and I hate chocolate.

    #3. It's the thought that counts for the Rite Aid girls. And thanks for the sound effects with the cake droppage. :P

    ReplyDelete