Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday, February 4th

T.G.I.T.!!!

Below is the Alhambra Cake: chocolate hazelnut cake layers soaked with a sweet rum syrup and iced with chocolate ganache... The cake is then glazed and topped with handmade marzipan roses (read: time consuming). We have to do this for our test on Monday so hopefully I will be able to get "Alhambra" piped EVENLY on the cake...



Close up of the flowers...




I'll give you one guess as to what type of cake this is...



No, Mom. It's not as good as yours!



Here is a close up of my handmade marzipan carrots. How cute are they?!!?


This was made today: A Dobos Torte... Layers of sponge cake with chocolate butter cream topped with a layer (the triangles) of caramel glazed cake... Tres time intensive... We have to do the Carrot Cake and this one for our finals at the end of next week.



Fancy, no?


4 comments:

  1. I love Dobos - I once went to a class to learn how to make it - never mastered it! I am jealous! Love the carrots - marzipan - I seem to remember buying marzipan with you in Italy. Good memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cakes are absolutely gorgeous. i love them. when you say it takes a long time to make and decorate, how much time is that? if you had a pastry store, wouldn't you need more then i cake in the categories. some person could come in and buy one of every kind!!!!

    ilysm

    ReplyDelete
  3. That carrott cake looks positivly amazing. You are soooo effing talented! Miss you!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe... marzipan carrots are cute!

    ReplyDelete