Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday, January 22nd

Happy Friday from rain soaked Los Angeles! It has literally rained everyday since Sunday and I have loved almost every minute of it....

Since I have neglected you this week, dear blog, here is a nice healthy dose of pictures and fun...

Apologies, Erin and Jesus... I didn't take pictures of the really good Tiramisu we made on Tuesday... Ill make it for you the next time I'm home!

Wednesday we learned how to use our ice cream machine which was a serious departure from my Kitchenaid here at home. In teams of two we made vanilla ice cream (Vicki and Moi decided to add chocolate chips to ours), and then we got to pick whatever flavor of sorbet we wanted so we went with Raspberry...



Thursday we started our finals... As usual we began with the written which I received... wait for it... 106% on. Just saying. Then we made the Ribbon Sponge cakes again. Here is my finished product below (99%). This time I made a raspberry mousse instead of black currant.



Another pic...




This one is Vicki's. I love the colors she chose to use. Her mousse is mango flavored.



Here is a great action shot of Kim cutting her cake. She used a special stencil to get the circle effect...



The Russian Spy also used a stencil... I think hers came out great...



Here is JM's cake... Poor kid sprained his ankle last week and has been playing a mad game of catch up.



Then, as per tradition, we had yet another pizza party. I want to take credit for the below shot, but Monica took it of Henry showing off...



Today also happened to be Chef Gilbert's birthday so we surprised her with roses...



... and a piece of non-pepperoni pizza (per her request), with a candle in it that wouldn't light.... Regardless, she was touched.



Monica is the designated pizza cutter... Here, she is giving the camera what I like to call... some sass.



Here is Vicki taking a graceful bite out of her famous "suprima" (insert "Italian" accent) pizza.



Never a dull moment, I tell you. So Monday we being class with Chef Mushet again... "Cakes."

2 comments:

  1. thank goodness. i was beginning to think that you were never going to blog again. your cake looks magnificent.

    ilysm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a dress that's as fun as that cake! It is awesome! I also want to know why I'm not invited to the Cleveland Tiramisu party. Lame.

    ReplyDelete