Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday, January 9th

Now, I don't want to brag.....

.............

But I'm gunna...

100% on both my practical and the written, bitches!!!!!

Here is the written - I thought you might be curious to see what these tests entail...

Page 1



Page 2



Page 3


Practical portion evaluation:



Here is the Brandy flavored Panna Cotta that we made on Wednesday and froze until today. I had great texture but I completely over decorated the plate (I couldn't help it!) with my fresh fruit coulis.



Here is an example of what Creme Caramel should look like... Notice the difference in coloring from Tuesday to today's...


Here is what is called a Paris-Brest... Pate au Choux, Praline pastry cream, and creme Chantilly...


Next week: Bavarians....

5 comments:

  1. first of all, i don';t think you over decorated. i think that it reminds me of the picture you made on yellow legal pad with a ballpoint pen. anyway, panna cotta needs all the help it can get. the last dessertlooked divine. why didn't we make this when you came home. i know, you want to be the controller and keep me in the dark.

    ilyso
    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Even in pastry school they're using quarts and ounces and pounds???? I cannot tell you how I loath a cook book that doesn't list measurements in grams and mililiters!

    Freakout aside - awesome job! The Paris-Brest looks AMAZING. How does one make praline pastry cream? are you using praline powder or actual ground nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. listen sweetie, its been two days and no blog. i'm bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe... look at your bubble writing!!! Hasn't changed since 5th grade! I've got the notes to prove it! Love the stuff! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete