Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday, January 28th

YAWN.

I forgot to mention that in order to try and accomplish everything that we need to in a day, we have been starting class an hour early... I went to meet the lovely Trina for dinner (if you haven't already, take advantage of DineLA! JiRaffe was AMAZING!) this evening and upon arriving early for a change, I locked my doors and reclined to close my eyes for ten minutes. I literally could not keep them open.

Anyway, yesterday we finished our dreaded Celebration Cakes. Tasteless and covered with American butter cream, they were intended for us to get used to cutting even cake layers, spreading frosting evenly, working with butter cream and piping. So here it is...



And yes, before you start making fun of me, we were required to pipe our own names...

But check out my roses!!! Chef said that I went a tad overboard with them, but come on! How could I not?!




Yesterday we also did a Boston Cream Pie. This was SO good. I mean... can we discuss the chocolate ganache oozing down the sides of the cake?!




Yesterday we got a head start on our cake for today, the Triangle Cake with Dobos sponge filled with chocolate butter cream... And just in case you had any delusions about how much butter actually goes into butter cream frosting:



So here is how my day went today... Below is a picture of the Triangle Cake... Its Vicki's...



And here is mine:


A picture is worth a thousand sighs.

5 comments:

  1. Gotta say I like yours better - I think when cut it will look better on the plate - more interesting. Of course people will say I'm biased.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG WANT.

    And, yes, your roses ARE gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses look amazing. I would totally slather that all over my face and have no problem eating it.

    YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much easier to picture the triangle cake with a picture! i had a fabulous time with you and would like to get together soon to make that boston cream pie.
    Love,
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could have had more roses... but I'm not the chef... soooooooo...

    The triangle cake looks awesome! I like yours better too, and I hate you, so I'm not biased. ;P

    I want a bath tub full of that boston cream pie for my birthday... just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete