Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday, January 14th

Thursday: A day of Black Currant Mousse Ribbon Sponge Cake.

Here is mine:



Here is Erika's. She said that she didn't like the way her colors came out and I told her, quite appropriately, that she is down right crazy.



Here is Enrique a.k.a. Henry with his Ribbon Sponge. We had the option of putting patterns in as he has done (you can't see it that well... But read on)...




You can see the patterns really well here in Donna's cake. I loved the colors she used. We have to do this cake again for our final so I might gank her colors.



The entire cake is filled with the black currant mousse that we made and topped with a black currant gel. I think they look super cool.
Tomorrow we being yet another test... Brain cake, again.
As a side note... I hear my neighbors rumbling around and I suspect they are getting out their dusty treadmill as they, in broken English, told me to stop giving them the things I make in class...

4 comments:

  1. amazing. i would buy any one of these confections if i saw them in a pastry shop. did they all taste as wonderful and they look? beyond impressed!!!!!

    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make the pretty swirly colors??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so cool! What does it taste like???

    ReplyDelete
  4. they should be thanking you for these amazing treats! Silly neighbors... don't know what they're givin up!

    ReplyDelete