Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wednesday, September 30th

Wednesday was our first day baking two things at once: peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and Straussburger cookies (pictures attached). My cookies were just okay, and my Straussburgers (which are kinda like the Madeline’s at Starbucks) came out great. We make those by using a piping bag and a star shaped tip. It is super important to use the right amount of butter (or “fat”) so that the batter is thick enough to pipe. When baking cookies, you are looking for a golden brown edge and a whiteish center. J I had been giving things away to other classes as I don’t want to take what I bake home, but want you all to know that should you want to try what I make, bring me some tupper wear and I am happy to put aside a little bit of what I make everyday and you can pick it up whenever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment